Yesterday was alright. I've been having this problem with exercising. I really want to go for a run. But my foot is still not 100% and if I run on it it will just fuck it up as bad or worse as it was before I stopped running. However, I don't really know for sure if my foot is not 100% unless I go run on it. So basically there's something I really want to do, but I shouldn't do it if I want to be able to do it in the near future, but I'm not absolutely positive that I shouldn't do it.
So yesterday I decided I wanted to just walk and run, see how my foot felt. It's not what I wanted to do, but I didn't really feel like going for a bike ride on the MTB or the road bike. What I wanted to do was just be kind of lazy and ride my bike to Golden Gardens with Brandon. Doing it alone would be extra boring. So as I was about to leave, Brandon's door was open, so he was up (he had been sleeping). I convinced him to go with me to Golden Gardens. I'll admit it was not nearly as cool as riding around last week to the Sand Point Country Club was. That's because where we rode was just all street grid, no parks or any open spaces. It was a constant up and downhill to the park, which is kind of lame, but makes for a slightly better workout I suppose. The park was, admittedly, a bit of a letdown. It's a park I've heard of, so I expected it to be cool like Gasworks or Alki or Warren G... but it was just a road down to a beach. Not even as cool as Richmond Beach. Not even close, really, and I didn't think Richmond Beach was that cool. It was a lot more fulfilling that sitting at home though... or riding 4.5 miles and getting a flat tire.
Got home, talked to Amanda on Skype, made an bacon-egg-cheese sandwich and started to watch The Big Lebowski. At some point I just passed out, narcolepsy style. Probably around 11. Like the movie so far though, it's one of those movies that people expect me to have seen before, but I haven't.
It is July 1st, which means a few things... It means the year is half over (not by days, but who keeps track that way). It means rent is due. It means I need to check on my resolutions, maybe make a few new ones. Fuck, it also means my BDay is in 3 days. And I have to clean my room and the downstairs for the carpet cleaners tomorrow. And I'm going bowling tonight.
It's Wednesday morning and the week already feels like it is winding down.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment