So I needed to get gas and some cheese so decided to go get those about an hour ago (9:30 pm).
I'm coming home and I'm on 25th heading north. I'm coming up on 55th and there's a long line of cars in the left lane and it's not uncommon for one to be turning left so I get in the right to pass a bunch of people. Well, it sort of becomes a mistake because there are no gaps and I can't get in front of the first car before there's a parked car in my lane. So I sort of end up cutting this car off, I didn't almost hit him or anything, but I know people don't like when someone cuts in front of them so I'm just acknowledging that. Oh and it was a pretty close call with the parked car, obviously nothing stupid, but it was closer than I prefer. I hate pulling stuff like that only because now I feel like I have a reputation to uphold, like if one of the cars I passed passes me, it makes me stupid for doing what I did. Well, I get to the light at 75th and the car behind me is getting over to turn and the car behind him gets over into the right lane, but doesn't turn, and there's a car parked in his lane not too far ahead. Oh yeah, it's also the car I cut off. So at this point, it's on...
The light turns green and he has me off the line, but once I get into second I pull ahead (my car doesn't shine in first or fourth) and he's not slowing down when he needs to but I'm still just a tad in front of him and I swerve a little to give him room to not hit me or the car in his lane. He's driving crazy. But I won. I don't know exactly what model it was (because I was never really behind him) but I could tell from the headlights it was a Mercedes E Class, probably around 2000 give or take a few years. That was actually my first stop light drag race (so to say) with my manual. And I'm still not great with it, but this went really well except the takeoff. As long as I'm not thinking about it, the shifts are really good. So I felt kind of good about that, the adrenaline was pumping.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment