Of all days, how did I not post a blog yesterday? Wednesday I do nothing here. Well, I posted one on LJ, that's why.
So... Tuesday I went for another 35 mile bike ride. My ass was hurting within a few seconds of riding so after a few miles I decided I needed to adjust my seat. Of course, to maintain a decent average I paused my GPS and when I got back on I forgot to restart it so I lost about 5 miles from that. Oh well. It was one of the hottest days of the year so far (89 degrees) and Matthews Beach parking lot was full. So I had to park at a different part of the trail for the first time in 30+ trips to Matthews Beach. But this was like a godsend. I love parking right next to the trail in a residential area instead of at Matthews Beach where the parking lot closes at 9:30 and sometimes there are questionable folks hanging out there. The only downside is no bathroom, but I should be able to work around that. Neck was getting sore by the end and performance was semi-bonk-y (~18 mph compared to the usual 20). Came home, had a Costco Slim Fast drink and sat down to watch Top Gear (Vietnam road trip, hilarious btw) and drink a Corona Light.
Wednesday was similar. I parked in my new spot/area. This ride was even more difficult than Tuesday's. And I had to go a little bit farther to get the GPS to actually tell me I've done 100 miles in the past 3 days. I think it's a decent accomplishment to ride 100 miles in three days whiel working full time and on a diet. I can tell the diet is killing my performance as well because I just feel like I'm running out of energy, but that's what I need right now. Later I went to QFC, saw Aly there with her guy friend. Came home and watched some Top Gear with bacon and a Corona Light. Went to bed around 10:00. I wake up at midnight to the music BOOMING above me. I'm a little upset and wondering wtf is going on. I am super tired and not dressed though so I hope Steve will turn that shit down or I can just sleep through it within the next few minutes. That doesn't work so I put on clothes to head upstairs to bitch. I get up there and there are three guys at the counter and three girls across it. Looks like a get together, and Brandon is one of the guys, that's good. I ask Steve to turn down his music but everyone is drinking and I don't really feel like going back to sleep so I have another Corona Light and hang out. It took a minute but I didn't realize until he turned around that the other guy was FUCKING Daks, hasn't been to the house since he moved out. The girls were actually looking at rooms to move in. One is wanting to move in soon, the other has a lease expiring September and the other isn't looking for somewhere to live. We'll see how that turns out. Pretty fun night, didn't get back to bed until about 2:00 but I felt alright in the morning.
Then there's today. If I'm lucky I'll get to leave at 3, I think 4 at the latest. I'm planning on just riding 15 miles today, then I can hopefully be refreshed tomorrow for another 35 mile ride to end the week with 150 miles. This could be a really good moment, but it's only about 90 percent because the schedule is full of new patients and it might not be okay for me to leave before 4 today. And I know that seems minute, but it's the only thing keeping this from being a great moment. I've got bike ride, bowling, Friday, bike ride, Friday night is unplanned, Saturday is Granite Mountain. Things are good.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment