Yesterday was... different. I would say it was dull, but really, that's just how it appears on paper.
I worked until 5. Then I stopped to get my haircut on the way home. Got home and was starving because I wasn't hungry and didn't eat much earlier in the day. So I made myself an egg, bacon, cheese sandwich. After I got done eating that I went into my room to watch Brazil because I had fallen asleep the other times watching it. It was only about 7:30 and still sunny outside so I put up a towel to block the light from coming in. I can't stand being in my bed when it's sunny outside. Yesterday was okay because I was recovering from my bike crash. So I get 13 minutes into Brazil before I throw in the towel and turn away from the TV to crash. I wake up at 1:30am and start to watch it again. Get to about 1:20 of the movie before I go back to bed again. And that was my time away from work. But I got the sleep I very much needed, so I'm fine with it.
I really wanted to like Brazil. It's highly acclaimed. The plot sounds really interesting. In fact, they were going to call the movie "1984 and a half", how am I not going to like that movie? It was described as a dystopian satire, talk about my kind of movie! Well, it was just weird. And the only thing keeping me interested was the recurring theme that the Central Service (gov't) would never admit they were wrong even though they were a bunch of schmucks always screwing up. But the visuals of the movie were just kind of... boring. It seemed like a British movie, like the humor was presented how you'd expect it in a British film (it probably was, I don't really know for sure). The movie was probably okay to watch in 1985, but now it's just weird. I think it's just a classic example of a great story (based on a great book) that didn't transfer very well to the big screen. Go ahead and read the wikipedia synopsis, it's not that long and it sounds like a really interesting movie, it just doesn't quite pull it off. It's like the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles movie from 1990. If I had never seen it, I wouldn't like it now, but I did see it and enjoy it back then and I can still enjoy it now.
Not sure what I'll be doing today. Not sure if my body is okay to do something active, but I don't really feel like riding my bike yet so I'm looking at a walk/run if anything. My deltoid feels like it has a major, major bruise. When I lift it to a 60 degree angle from my midsection I feel this pressure pushing down on it, also kind of like it is tensing itself. Then when I get to 90 degrees it wants to go numb, but it doesn't. But it's supposed to be around 85, so I need to go outside. Probably will just end up going to Green Lake or for a run somewhere else. Then it's BOWLING!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment