This weekend was pretty good. Friday was low key. I was supposed to ride 35 miles to end the week at 150 miles on the bike but my knee was sore. My knee was sore because I had rode my bike the past four days, but my knee didn't get hurt from riding my bike, it was while I was bowling (+alcohol) and I twisted it sort of wrong. I did walk Green Lake though, on Friday. Then delayed my hike up Granite Mountain because Saturday morning the knee was still sore. I have a really hard time remember what I did Friday, come Monday morning, but I did remember now. I Skyped with Amanda, with webcam (first time I've done that) and she had her new dog. And then I went to bed.
Saturday I did the weekend morning routine, which I love, that consists of making something which involves bacon, egg and cheese (this time it was an omelet) and watching Top Gear. Since Episode 6 of Season 13 was on yesterday, I now have every season of Top Gear from 1 through 13 on DVD. I decided to clean my room since I could not find my heart rate monitor and I recently bought another laundry basket to accomodate all of the clothes that were not hung up or in a dresser. I ended up bringing out my empty storage box and getting rid of a bunch of junk/clothes that were in my room. The room cleaning actually took a couple hours but it was very productive and I even rearranged my room for about the fourth or fifth time since living at 9012 (1 year). Saturday was sort of a rest day because I wanted to go for a hike Sunday and even with no exercise my knee was going to be iffy, so doing anything would have been a bad idea. So I decided it was a good opportunity to fix my bike's bottom bracket. I took it apart, which required purchasing about $40 worth of tools, cleaned it, put it back together and it seems to be fixed. Can't be sure until I take it out, but it certainly seems better than it was. Hung out with Steve and Brandon a little bit. Talked to Rayna on Skype. And then I went to bed as I was watching Adventureland.
Sunday, woke up at 6:50... I was so tired, I kind of wondered how I am usually getting ready for work at that time. I didn't get up until about 9, made breakfast, headed out. I stopped in North Bend for some post-hike food (chicken strips and gatorade) and some summit treats (Junior Mints and Animal Crackers). I drove pretty fast to the Denny Creek exit. I'm supposed to have a permit to park there but nahhhhh. The trip up was alright, pretty freaking tiring though. I thought I was going slow but I got up there in 1:45 which I am fairly certain is faster than the two previous climbs up. I wore the Corona hat that coincidentally Rayna wore last time, so that hat has reached the summit on two different heads. Going down I was in no hurry because I didn't want to be too sore today and it took 1:15. Pretty good time. And when I got back to the car I found my plan with the post hike food went wonderfully. I put the chicken strips on the seat and they were pretty warm when I got back to the car and I hid the gatorade in the back seat and it was still cold.
When I got home I expected to be really tired and go to sleep. I turned on Adventureland to watch the rest. That movie was underwhelming. It was a little too much of been done before and the awkward moments were just too awkward. Kristen Stewart is in the movie and it's like she is playing the same character she is in Twilight. Well, that's okay until the guy she is interacting with is super awkward too. Then just the romance is gay because it's like boy likes girl. Girl likes boy but also likes other boy. Boy gets asked out by prettier girl who he likes less and goes out with her but then feels bad about being unfaithful to his non-girlfriend so he confesses to her that he went out with the prettier girl. Everybody gets mad at everybody about this stuff. Then the two main romance characters get back together at the end. The main characters are completely uninteresting, while Bill Hader, Kristen Wiig, Ryan Reynolds and Martin Starr all play interesting characters that have relatively small parts in the the movie.
Then Brandon and I headed to Tuksmila. I got a couple new polos at H&M, which is an accomplishment because I'm quite picky about polos and I rarely find ones that have the right combination of decent looking and not too expensive. Came home, had dinner, set up the living room since Aly's TV is gone, so now it is refreshed and that's pretty cool, looks more like a living room now. Watched last night's episode of Top Gear, which I find pretty freaking cool, being able to watch the episode of Top Gear that was on prime time in the UK at 9:00 on my TV even though it's not broadcast here (as far as I know). Then I watched Event Horizon which was a really creepy movie but ended up letting me down a little bit with the end, but whatever, definitely good for a horror/thriller.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment