It brings me extreme joy to document my wonderful day yesterday.
Maybe not. But I gotta do it anyway.
Left work at 3. My car was burning hot. The shifter is metal so touching it for longer than a second would result in painful burning. I cannot imagine yesterday without AC, it would have been so horrible. Got home, went to Costco to get some bacon, slimfast, hotpockets, sausages. Left for a bike ride around 6. As I'm coming up on the third bridge on the Sammamish River Trail I take it a little fast and you have to take the corner somewhat wide. Well, I get to a position with two cyclists in front of me that I'm in the middle of the trail and one of them (riding abreast) is in the middle of the trail. I start to head back to my side of the trail, but the guy in the middle also starts to go to that side to dodge me... wtf. Well, if someone is trying to be proactive, I'll let them do that and I'll do what is predictable, so I was going to go between them since that's obviously what he thought I was going to do. Well his brain just froze, and by that time it was too late for me to try to get over, I was going to crash no matter what, we hit each other head on. My assessment of the situation is that I caused the collision to occur, but this guy's stupidity made it so I couldn't avoid the collision. Well, it was quite the impact and I got up, didn't seem hurt much at all, I took a shot in the upper left chest around my collar bone, but didn't seem to be injured. My fork is destroyed. My front wheel is obliterated. Those are not exaggerations. That's $400 to replace, if new, but I'll see if there's anything sufficient on Craig's List for $100.
So I called Brandon, had him come pick me up. Left my car where it was for a while because I wanted to ice my wrists, both of which seemed sore. After icing a little bit my left wrist seemed to regain complete function, just a little bruised. Right wrist not doing so good. And what's weird is that when the collision happened, had my bike not been damaged, there's a decent chance I would have rode it back to my car... no, I would have ridden it back to my car. That would have been horrible because I would have almost definitely broken my wrist if I rode my bike after this, since it is rather immobile now and didn't even seem hurt after the accident. Oh, and I found out about 3 hours later that I have a huge welt on my left thigh, that was comical. Had Brandon go pick up my car, I drove his back because I didn't want to have to shift.
Fell asleep around 11, 11:30. I didn't sleep too poorly, but I woke up a few times during the night, not sure if that was because of my wrist or because it was hot though. I was able to drive my car this morning without much problem.
Been doing some research. At first I was leaning toward trying to get an XRay. Then I read about the scaphoid fracture which often is not even identified on the first XRay and it can lead to some horrible shit! But after reading a few of those articles I stumbled upon the actual location of that bone and it's on the thumb side of your wrist whereas my injury is very much on the pinky side. After looking at the bone diagram and looking up the bones that it could possibly be, it's very unlikely that I broke any of those bones because it's rare to break them and typically quite painful (at all times). I have not needed any medication, so I think that's a good sign. Pretty sure it's just sprained. My thing is just that when I was 9, I fell off my house and broke my arm. I didn't think it was broken and it wasn't until 4 days later I decided I needed to go to the doc office to see what was wrong. I tend to diagnose myself optimistically and I acknowledge that and don't want to let it fuck up my wrist for a long time because I thought it would heal in no time.
So now I got my ace bandage and I'm icing every once in a while. Bowling on Thursday will be different, haha. I figured I'll have to run/walk for exercise for a while.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment