Monday, July 20, 2009

What did ole dilly boy do this weekend...

Well, on Friday I went to my parents house to get my birth certificate. On the way back I stopped in Federal Way at Walmart, of course at 10 pm that place is busy like a Sunday morning. And the calimari that only Walmart sells (correction: used to sell) wasn't there. So I got a 12 pack of Corona Light and... somesing else don' 'member. Watched Over the Edge. Once again I've fallen victim to a movie with high acclaim that is too old to keep me paying attention. Good concept, yes, but in the end it comes across more like a movie that doesn't have anything to say, but people with an agenda picked it up for its "message."

Saturday I did the usual weekend routine I've grown accustomed to: great breakfast and Top Gear. Got all of my stuff ready to head to Lake Forest City for my passport. Went to Target to get pictures. I asked the guy at the counter what size a "wallet" photo was, because every other size was in inches and then it just said "wallet" and I'm looking for 2x2 if possible. He first tells me 2"x3". Then he corrects himself and says it less than that because they take a 4x6" and cut it into fourths. I tell him that it is, indeed, 2x3" then, and he disagrees. Then I explain it to him and he says in a very upset tone "that's why I failed math in school." And it was actually sad, like he was completely upset that he got that wrong and was going to hang himself on his break. Okay, but I got photos because on the application it says it's one of the required things (2 identical photos, 2x2", with a white or off-white background and the face must be between 1" and 1 3/8" from chin to hairline, taken within the past 6 months). Now, being 24 years old, I don't have any pictures of me with a white or off-white background, you know, since I don't go to have pictures taken of me professionally. So I take a photo and crop myself out of it and put it on an off-white background. The lady at the Passport Office thinks the pictures looks different but can't figure out what it is and I just tell her what I did, she tells me that NO ONE ever does that. I'm kind of surprised that no one brings in a photo like that when the application says you are required to submit 2 photos. Whatever. 100 bucks for my passport. Have to send in my birth certificate, the only one I've had since I was born. Hopefully I get it soon.

Came home, Corona Light and Top Gear until Brandon woke up at which point we headed to the Bite of Seattle. I think it would have been a lot less entertaining without bums. Otherwise it was just something to do. Got home and had to take a 30 minute nap before I could get myself out to the Burke Gilman. This was my first ride since my crash on Tuesday. I experienced what it was like to be a bitter cyclist. I kind of see why some people are such assholes to people who don't follow the rules of the trail. Eventually I'll get away from it. The bike kind of feels like it's going to fall apart. Just rodes to Gasworks and back, not a long ride. Came home and watched Knowing, was more interesting than I expected but... also worse overall than I was expecting (particularly with that ending...)

Sunday had another weekend morning ritual with a delicious breakfast and Top Gear. Decided to go out for a long run, the weather was nice. I wasn't feeling the run though. I only went about a mile before I just started walking because my knee felt a little sore. My knee was still quite swollen but felt alright until that point. So I decided to walk for a while, then after about 2.5 miles decided to loop back home. Stopped at Starbucks for a frap. Got a tad sunburnt on my shoulders and forehead, but I needed some sun. Went for a drive to St Edward State Park. Did some push ups and curls (91 push ups @ 13/min, 75 curls? @ 9/min 70 pounds). Watched Better Off Dead. Talked to Rayna on Skype. Started to watch Spirited Away, great movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment