Friday, May 1, 2009

Yesterday was a pretty busy day.
Woke up at 6:30, left for work about 20 minutes later. Was at work until 5, got home at 5:50, ate a little bit and left for my bike ride around 6:05. Got home 8:15, took a shower, ate quick and left for bowling at 8:30 0r so. Got home about 12:30. I was barely home at all that whole time and while I was home I was rushing to get ready for the next thing. Bowling was pretty fun, aided by alcohol. It was a very sad day for bowling performance, I had the high score of the night with 138 (not a typo). Not sure what was wrong, I think everyone was tired, I know I was.

So my friend Brandon always has stories of people getting pissed off at him for the way he drives (and they're ridiculous, because Brandon drives the way you're supposed to, fast but also safe). I finally have one. I was driving to work this morning, I-5 south in Seattle, traffic was pretty lame going about 65 in all lanes, no way out. So I was in the second to the left lane and this Neon gets in front of me, most people would call it cutting me off, because he was not that far from me. I don't get mad when people do this, though, I just don't slow down, because I'm generally comfortable being that close to people as long as I can see in front of them (and people making me slow down might make me upset). So I'm behind him for maybe 10 seconds, he gets over another lane and as I pass him he flips me off! People get offended by silly things.

Reminds me of when Brandon was driving, we were downtown Seattle on a Saturday. This Toyota minivan wanted from the right lane over to the left turn lane and we were about stopped at a stoplight but not quite. So, we'll say that at least this was inconveniencing Brandon because it made us stop early. But what was bad about the guy was that he was pussyfootin', going extremely slow even though he had already blocked our path of travel (one of my pet peeves with stupid drivers). So, Brandon honks the horn, and I was thinking the same exact thing, just to do it for instigative purposes. The guy sticks his head out the window and says very angrily, while spitting his speech, "Fuck you motherfucker!" It was so worth it.

So I'm working in Puyallup AGAIN. Woke up this morning with my phone ringing (okay, it was vibrating, I hate the sound of the phone ringing when I wake up) and that's always bad news. This morning, instead of Charla being gone and me needing to run Auburn by myself (okay, with Julie on the phones) it's Kim that's sick and I have to make the drive to Puyallup and cover there. So I'm in Puyallup, which I guess is not too bad compared to trying to deal with all of the problems at the new office, but still annoying because it is so far away.

No comments:

Post a Comment