Wednesday, May 27, 2009

This morning was funny. I woke up a little early, left a little early, got to work around 7:15. CJ was already there, which is the uszh. Outside of the main entrance is Meryl Morton (name changed just because), one of our weekly allergy shot patients, also "one of the crazy ones". Now, she's been getting shots at the clinic for years, and we've been doing calendars for years, so somewhere along the line she has noticed that we are NEVER, EVER open on Wednesday mornings. So I make sure not to completely ignore her, but I enter through the side entrance and don't say anything to her, I mean shit, I'm not on the clock yet, I don't need to deal with this shit yet. I clock in and Cheryl begins to tell me about this creepy woman that was walking toward to front door and she re-enacted the walk, which was priceless (she kind of drags her feet and takes baby steps). To give you an idea what this lady looks like...umm... well she was wearing some old worn Ugg type boots and maybe some mid-thigh shorts or something, I'm not quite sure, and a big jacket and a furry hat. She has been known to wear Hello Kitty shirts, she is maybe 5'7" and 220 lbs and somewhere around 40 to 50. Just an all around nutjob creeper. Apparently she also shook the door a bit after CJ came in (CJ is a female, btw).

Okay, so I come in, clock in, I'm kind of getting stuff set up around my desk which is not far from the door I came in. She walks over and she has her hands and her face up to the glass trying to look in (it's tinted). Well, rather than let that creepiness go on I go to the door, tap on the glass so she takes her face off of it and open the door...
Me: We're closed for allergy shots this morning until 1:00.
Meryl: ...that sucks
Me: Yeah, sorry, but we're closed every Wednesday morning so Alison can mix serum.
Meryl: hhh...I've been waiting out here for hours.... what time is it?
Me: It's 7:20 (I wish I would have said "in the morning" haha)
Meryl: hhhhhhh (this is a weird sound she makes while she is thinking of what to say) I tried going to the auction and blah blah blah (as you can imagine I did not listen to this, I was focused on trying to get her to leave).
Me: Okay, well we open at 1:00 for shots.
Meryl: Oh, I can catch the bus right up here, over here, and then go home.
Me: Okay.

Oh and somewhere in there she mentioned said "have you lost weight?" and I was just like "I don't know". That was kind of awkward. There have been times, at the old office, where I'd just walk by the front desk area and she'd be in the waiting room and she'd say "Hi Dylan!"

Uh, otherwise today... I was at work until 5, that's always a bummer. Went for a bike ride. It was pretty brisk. There was a mile or so that there was a faster guy in front of me and I had to see if I could keep up, so I turned it on just a little to keep up with him and then he turned around. I caught up with this guy and he saw me and kind of sped up. Right when he got tired from doing that I passed him, all the while keeping my very brisk pace (really, my legs are still sore from Mt Si on Sunday, so I was taking it very easy today, just needed to get some miles). Then he was sticking with me, riding behind me, and after a few minutes it got kind of old. So I sped up. I never looked behind me, but I think he sped up and was keeping up with me for a while. Then I hit a noodle where there was two parents and a kid (didn't see the kid at first) in front of me and a pair of people coming toward me. I have to get up to 26 or so really quick to squeeze through and I'm sure I lost the guy at that point, never saw him again and when I looked back there was no one close to behind me. About 5 miles before the end of the ride I was just getting up to speed after a crosswalk and this Asian kid was not paying attention, riding all over the place and this is not unusual so I just going to avoid him. Well, he looks forward at the last minute and... I don't know, completely fails at avoiding me, I hit the brakes and quickly snap out one of my shoes (good quick thinking, Dylan!) and we collide but at a very slow speed and no damage is done. He's kind of freaked out and I just "it's okay" and then speed off. That is, officially, my first collision on the Burke Gilman. My quads got murdered running down Mt. Si, apparently, as they are still a little sore.

I was cleaning out the old office today, the last bits of medical records to bring to the new office, and Fred comes in and he has a shirt. He says "I got something for you" and I think he's just joking. He shows me the shirt and it says something like "My momma told me I'm special" and it says Bubba Gump on it. He hands it to me, apparently he was serious that he got me a shirt. I tend to think he was full of shit about "buying it for me" and it just happened to be convenient to give it to me. I guess I never have been very good about receiving gifts... I just hate bullshitting. But I pretended to like it. It's too big, too.

Boom Boom Dollar is a great song. Maybe not a great song, but I like it a lot.

Amber texted me today asking if I wanted to go to ACME. I told her I had prior obligations to play tennis with my roommate, which is like... one-tenth true. But mainly I didn't feel like driving there, legs didn't feel like going there, I didn't feel like driving Amber there, because that's probably most of, if not all of the reason she "invited" me and because I wanted to go for a bike ride.

Now I am drinking a jack and coke about to watch She's the Man.

No comments:

Post a Comment