Man. Today kind of sucked. Not a whole shitty day, but looking back on it, it sucked.
So I ran 8 miles yesterday, that was good. However, that left me with nothing to do today. If my chest was good I'd have worked out at home, but it is still sore from Monday. Weather sucked so bike ride is out. I kind of want to get a different bike for shitty days like today. I tried working out at home but only got 50 sit ups, 10 handstand push ups, 40 push ups and 30 curls in before I realized I just wasn't feeling any motivation to get something out of a workout. Probably has something to do with what happened earlier in the night.
Work was.. work, just like most days at work, it was boring. Came home and concluded I needed to call Lori about getting Rhama. She didn't answer. That was a little bit of anxiety because I need to arrange picking up Rhama on Friday and if I was not able to I was to call Randy/Marisa to let them know so they can cancel their flight. Then I go to Fred Meyer with Brandon. That's all good... then I get into my car. And I say to Brandon "now you get to see me put it in reverse." He didn't get to see me put it in reverse.
To put my car in reverse you go all the way to the left and up. Yesterday my transmission seemed to get a little funky for no good reason. Then it went back to normal. Now, I can't get it into reverse. Next thing I know it isn't shifting at all, the shifter just goes all over the place. I let up on the clutch thinking it's in neutral, it dies. This is sort of good news, I mean at least it's in first instead of neutral. I can get home in first, it'll suck balls, but I can do it. We mess around but can't really do anything without a jack, so I drive home in first. Of course Lori calls me back while I'm driving my car home, couldn't answer.
I'll sum this up pretty quick. It did take a little bit of trial and error and referencing my BMW repair manual but about 30 minutes later my shit was fixed. I'll mention that a piece broke and we found the replacement to it in the pile of junk that has sat in the garage since I got my transmission converted. Being lazy is sometimes good! And it was rather fateful that Brandon was with me and there to fix it for me, I owe him big time.
Not sure if the fix is temporary or permanent, guess we'll see in the next few days and then later. The night was looking up. I called Lori, arranged to pick up Rhama after work on Friday (ideal). Called Randy to let him know things were planned and good to go. And now I'm sitting on my ass feeling like shit because I wanted to work out but had nothing to do (or nothing I felt motivated enough to do, fuck lifting weights). I either need a new bike or to set up the MTB on the trainer. I'm not putting the Felt on the trainer anymore because I'm still unsure about the bottom bracket (which acts up especially on the trainer), I was told the seatpost is cracked and it's most likely to break while I'm riding on the trainer because I ride with the front wheel elevated and something about purchasing a new wheel, I just don't feel like putting that on the trainer either.
Don't know what I'm doing tomorrow either, I suppose that is making me a little down as well, because it's supposed to rain again tomorrow. I don't mind going running in the rain if I have to, it even rained a tad yesterday while I was running. I'm just so fucking sick of the rain and if it was supposed to be nice for a while it wouldn't be a big deal but it's only supposed to be nice on Friday and Saturday. My Friday is occupied by having to go pick up Rhama and drop him off with Rayna's mom (and I'm working until 5, that counts too). Then it's possibly raining from Sunday to Thursday.
Just need to go to sleep. Hopefully tomorrow is better... but I probably just need to get through to the weekend. Even then I've got a limited Friday and Sunday is Mother's Day so I need to go to my parents'. Oh well, I'm mopey. I'll have a drink if I can't fall asleep soon.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment