When we got decaf coffee, I thought it was retarded, who wants decaf coffee? (especially the coffee that we have because it's kind of...mediocre)
Now that I've been weaning off caffeine a bit, I've been embracing decaf coffee because I like it (it's still mediocre, but I like coffee). Now I go to get decaf, having a good morning without caffeine and all we have now is caffeinated coffee. Oh well. I wanted some coffee because I am cold.
This weekend should be good, I've got a lot of stuff to do. I need to work at the old office and get all of the charts upstairs. I'm planning things out and that'll probably happen on Sunday because all the other times are taken up. Today, I'm going to go for a bike ride because it's the first nice day since last weekend. After that, I'll either go to Amber's or hang out with Brandon and Derek. Tomorrow will be a long bike ride, hopefully. And then Amber's birthday party probably at night. Sunday is open. I might go for a hike or a run before going to the office, but I can't pass up nice days when we've only had 3 rain-free days this month (as of yesterday, May 14th). Granted, a few days were very little, but it's still rained on half of the days this month, not how I like my May.
And it's NR day for the month. I got paid at midnight and the paycheck is not dedicated to anything (I guess my phone bill, but that's just $100 for 2 months). Fortunately, the only things I want to do are get a passport, a rain bike and sign up for STP. I'm going to try to just get the passport ($60). STP ($100) would be a decent idea, but I'm not even certain that I want to do it. Rain bike ($100-200 HOPEFULLY) is completely unnecessary but it's something I want. What I really need to do is save for vacation, or even just save in general. In fact, I'm going to just put $500 in savings RIGHT NOW. Good idea.
EDIT: So I did it, I now have $500 in savings. I kind of think I'm set for the summer as long as my car doesn't break down, I can put $500 in savings every other paycheck and soon enough I'll have enough money for a vacation. Maybe even $100 on the rent paychecks (especially when I'm getting overtime... again). By mid-July I should have $1500 which should be enough to scrape by on my Australia vacation, since I'll be there a week I can allocate another $200 or so to the vacation fund since that's $200 I won't be spending at home.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment