Thursday, May 7, 2009

This week has me defeated.

Now, I am still really happy about running 8 miles on Tuesday, but I'm just taking hits this week.

Monday... it wasn't too bad, but it was just what I call a shitty day. I came home, ate a pint of lychee sherbet (which I do love, but doesn't make the day much better) and fell asleep. I woke up around 7:30, too late to do anything outside even though I'm pretty sure it was raining (I could have still gone to Green Lake though). Have no idea if I did anything after that, but I hate taking naps after work and it just wastes the day almost every time.

Tuesday... I get up, get in my car to leave and I put it in reverse and I can feel something very much wrong with the transmission. Any time I move the shifter to the left side of its grid I feel a rhythmic rumbling/rubbing/thumping. This has me upset for the morning because now the transmission I paid $2000 to fix is going bad somehow. Eventually the problem kind of goes away, but it's really hard to get my car into reverse so it didn't completely go away.

Wednesday... Very unproductive day at work but whatev, that's not too bad. I go to Fred Meyer, as I'm about to leave, the shifter loses control over the transmission. I move it all around, it does nothing, I am in first gear. This sucks. How am I going to get to work tomorrow? Well, I drive the car home in first, which is pretty demeaning... but it happens. Brandon's able to sort of fix the car, at least so it runs and shifts. Reverse is still very difficult and the transmission doesn't feel right. Still try to work out but I'm just not feeling it. So it's a lazy day, a shitty day, all around crap. At least the car runs, I guess.

Thursday... I get a parking ticket at work. Truth be told, I don't really care, but I'll add it in here because some people might think it counts. I guess it was more annoying the uproar that it caused at work (another one of my co-workers got a ticket too) and everyone was pissed off about it more than me. I was parked illegally. I didn't know you can't park within 5 feet of a driveway, I just thought you couldn't be blocking it, my bad, I'll take the ticket. Okay, so weather is supposed to lighten up for the 5-8pm time period so I'll take this rare opportunity to go for a bike ride. The weather report says 0 and 5% chance of precipitation for the hours left in the day. I don't know how you can compute a 5% chance of precipitation or even estimate it, but that's what they said. It rained like a motherfucker. Of course when I drove down to Matthews Beach and got on my bike it seemed like the weather would be fine. About 2 miles into my ride I hit a little rain. 4 miles is some nasty rain. 6 miles I hit rain and decide to turn around. My way back is... miserable. It starts raining hard, everything is getting soaked because the ground is wet now, too. I'm freezing. The thing that really pissed me off, though, is getting my bike wet. I don't care if I'm getting wet, or my socks and shoes, or anything else. But my bike isn't supposed to get wet, and it means I'll need to clean it when I get home. Oh well.

So, that has been my week with very little happiness. There is a little more going on that contributes, I won't mention it though. I could have had a lot worse of things happen, I realize, but every day has sucked in its own way and I've had all of one high point so far, one point even above okay. My car's still not okay, even though I'll probably be able to get to work tomorrow. My bike will be okay, my GPS will be okay. I'm just getting dealt a lot of lousy hands. No deuce seven offsuit, but definitely some 3-10, 4-9 type shit.

No comments:

Post a Comment