Sunday, May 17, 2009

This weekend...

Friday I got off work at 4:30. Traffic was absolute bullshit, got home around 5:45 or so. But I was still able to go for a bike ride. Since I was planning on going for a ride the next day, I took it easy, went 30 miles at about an 18.4 mph pace (which is really good for taking it easy, I'd say) and my average HR was 144 bpm (really low for me). After that we were going to go out and meet Derek but he decided to go out in Olympia, so Brandon, Aly and I went to Fremont and met up with Aly's friend Desirae. That was pretty cool. We were at Lombardi's and Desirae's boyfriend is a waiter/bartender (?) there. Had some calimari which was delicious. Had a LIIT and a Manhattan which was REALLY good. I was buzzin' at that point, I guess I don't drink too much lately. Then we went to The Ram and met up with another of Aly's friends, don't ask me what her name was... Got a Cadillac Margarita there and it was SHIT, tasted watered down. The waiter called another guy at the table "boss" and I just didn't like his attitude. Brandon fell back in his chair. And we were playing tableware architecture but the waiter came over and closed down operations. Brandon didn't feel like going home so we went to a couple more bars (we dropped Aly off at home) and then just came home and went to bed.

Saturday I went to REI to pick up my back rim, also got some Hammer Gel and a new mouthpiece for my CamelBak (old one leaks, POS). Went for a bike ride around 3. I left with the intention of going for a 50 mile ride but I was maintaining a decent pace just naturally for the first few miles, then I look down and my HR is at 170 bpm. For wanting to go on a 50 mile bike ride, it's not a good start to have your HR that high. So I just decided to go fast the entire way. My average never deviated much from 20.7 mph the entire ride (no more than .1 mph up or down after about 5 miles in) and I tried to keep my HR around 170. I did not stop at all (unless you count at a crosswalk for a second... whatev, that just happened twice). Average HR over 1:40 was 171 bpm which is really high and, I think, really impressive, that I can maintain that HR for 100 minutes. I finished the ride with 20.6 mph average which is easily my best speed average for a long ride. It was kind of the best ride ever, honestly, I just felt really good, I had to push hard a lot of the way home (avg HR for the last 5 miles was 177 bpm and that's getting really high).

After that I Skyped with Rayna in hesitation to go to Amber's party. Amber's party turned out alright. I didn't talk too much with anyone other than Kevin and Amber but at least there were never any awkward moments. We walked to QFC on Capitol Hill. Shortly after we got back we decided to leave and go back to Amber's. Played some slamwich, then some Typing of the Dead and hung out a little longer before I left at 2. Came home and hung out with Brandon for a little while. This is the first time in a long time that I got buzzed or more on both weekend nights (I'd say I was just slightly past buzzed both nights).

Wasn't sure what I wanted to do Sunday. I kind of wanted to go to Mt. Si, but I needed to go to work and I thought that doing both might be a bit too much, especially since I've been doing stuff every day for a while now so it's not like my body is that fresh anyways. So after considering the cost of going to Mt. Si and the huge crowd that is probably there on one of the nicest weekends of the year so far I decided to just go into work early (or "early"). I traveled down to Auburn around 12. Had this stupid ass Hyundai get on the freeway and squeeze into a 2 car length spot between me and the car in front of me, I let off the gas but I'm still getting closer... and closer... and I let myself get to within maybe 2 feet of her bumper and finally have to brake a little. I don't overreact, just have a disappointed look on my face and it looks like she's doing something in the rearview towards me, I don't know. Well, to put her in her place, I wait until there's an opening in the right lane and just hit it, knowing she'll try to speed up to keep me from passing her and I get up to 90 real quick and fly by her, I look at her and she flips me off. This happens to Brandon all the time too. You fucking cut me off, I don't honk my horn or anything like that, just a disappointed look which is more than appropriate and then when I pass you flip me off like I did something to YOU! Whatev, fat black girl in a Hyundai...

So I went got to work around 12:30 or 1, who knows, who cares. Worked for about 3 hours, took tons of boxes upstairs and put them in exam rooms to clear out the basement of medical records. Completely cleared out the basement of medical records. There is an exam room that is full of charts. And when I say full, I mean the volume of the room is about half full with charts (only half full because the boxes can't be stacked more than 4 high, but that's about 5 feet high). So that was a pretty good 3 hours workout, probably went up and down the stairs 80 times, the ups with boxes between 20 and 40 pounds. I'm going to say I was there for 5... maybe 5.5 hours because I feel like if anyone else was doing it it probably would have taken them that long (anyone else at my work, that is). I didn't take any breaks start to finish because I just wanted to go home.

Had a California Pizza Kitchen pizza, good stuff. Then went for a walk+run at Green Lake. Now I'm home, I should sleep well tonight. Got a little sun this weekend. As opposed to last weekend when I just got sunburnt on the back of my neck and back of my shoulders (same spot I got sunburnt horribly on during the STP).

No comments:

Post a Comment