This weekend was refreshing. Friday I went for a bike ride, 35 miles or so. That put me at 100 miles for the week, and by the end I felt pretty dead (keep in mind I was sick most of the week and I exercised every day). Friday there was the possibility of people coming over but Eric, Brandon and I weren't counting on it. Eric and Brandon kind of wanted to go out, we were all tired so we went to Starbucks around 9:30. I'm texting Ashley and I get a call, I keep texting but then it starts dialing numbers so instinctively I go to erase what I just typed and OOPS I declined the call. James leaves a voicemail that he'll be going to ACME on Saturday if I want to hang out and also that I'm invited to Amber's that night. So I pick up some beer, bring it over and hang out with James a little bit. I actually spent about 20 minutes or so talking to Keevon on AIM which was funny. James was kind of depressed, I guess he was probably expecting the trip to Seattle to go a little differently... maybe not expecting, but hoping. I left pretty early because I thought people would actually be over at my house but I got there around 1:00 and no one but Aly was home, just went to bed.
Was pretty lazy on Saturday but I did finally get up around 2 and leave for Seattle stuff. First I went to REI but it was crazy, took about 10 minutes to get through the garage (just one trip around, too) and I found a spot, went inside, got some freeze dried ice cream, saw the line and left. This actually worked out for the best. Part of the reason I left was because I was in a hurry to get to BMW before the parts dept closed. Finally got my valve gasket and I'll be fixing that this next weekend, hopefully. Then I headed to one of my favorite stores, Uwajimaya. Got some good stuff and stopped at Oasis before I left to get an almond milk smoothie with coconut jelly. Finally got the call from James, while on my way back, that they wanted to go to ACME.
So we went to ACME, I think I only played about 5 games but I was DRENCHED in sweat. Afterward we went to Chipotle, had food and hung out for a long time. Went to Target, got some gameezzz like Apples to Apples with new cards and SLAMWICH. Stopped at my house so I could change and get some bourbon. Went to Amber's where her, James and I played Slamwich. After that was done we played THREE PERSON Apples to Apples for a while, which was suprisingly okay and then Lola joined in and that made it a little better. Apples to Apples is always a hoot. After that I think we were starting to watch something in Lola's room when James signaled for me to go outside with him. So we went outside and it took a minute but he basically started talking to me... he really needed someone to talk to. So we talked for about half an hour outside Amber's and then we went for a walk which took us probably like 2-3 miles because we sort of got turned around on accident and went really far the wrong way. We encountered this really tall guy that was weird but friendly. We went to the gas station where the guy just asked me if I was 21, I did show him my ID but I think he would have settled for a simple "yes". We went to the donut shop that's open 24 hours. I peed all around Wallingford, James puked and peed all around Wallingford. We walked up to Dick's right as it was closing, so sad. Then we went back and joined Amber and Lola for the rest of Hell's Kitchen. Then Amber and James left to talk in the bathroom. I left not too long after that, about 3:00. Went home, turned on High Fidelity for the fifth time last week and fell asleep almost immediately. I did FINALLY finish High Fidelity last night after trying to watch it like 6 times and just being really tired every time.
Sunday I slept in pretty late. Woke up with a sore neck, that always sucks, it still hurts to turn my head to the right. I decided to check into my rim, see what was wrong with it. A site said that rims are a lot more flexible than you'd think and that you can basically bend the rim back (I thought my rim was bent). Well, I sort of try doing that and 5 minutes later notice that one of my spokes is broken (not as noticeable as you might think, so I'm not sure if it just happened or not). At this point, I need to cut my losses and take the wheel in to be fixed. I go to REI and it's packed again, but not quite as bad. I take the wheel to a mechanic and he says it's just a broken spoke but it won't be fixed until Wednesday or so. Since REI is doing 20% one item, I decide I want to get a new rim, get a little bit of an upgrade with the Mavic Ksyrium. It's about a $400 wheelset, but I just got the rear wheel which was $209 minus 20% so about $167. Also got a cadence/speed sensor for my bike. And a spare tube for when I get my wheel back.
Got my cadence sensor set up and the speed sensor, they are SO much nicer than my old cyclometer's cadence and speed sensors. That and I get to record cadence now, as opposed to just monitoring it. Went for a short ride yesterday. Some combination of tailwind (I went both ways, so it shouldn't matter), only recording speeds above 15 mph and maybe drinking some caffeine before the ride led to a 19.9mph average. Probably mostly just not recording stops/slowdowns.
I want to move into Linda's room when she moves to Daks's room. It will be awesome.
Weather is going to be shitty for a while, hopefully I can get some rides in...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment