Back when I lived in my apartment and was going to school I would sometimes get stressed out. To prepare to do homework and deal with stress I would take a bath and eat peanut butter in the tub.
I love eating peanut butter.
I'm constantly trying to learn from my own emotions. If you asked me to list my 5 favorite movies, all of them mean more to me than the movie itself. All of them are attached with good memories (of watching the movie). I think a good movie (or good anything, for that matter) can only be "good". A movie can't be better than "good" unless it means something more to you. You could say a movie can only be 10/10, but (I think this applies to most people, I assume at least) for a movie to be better than a 10/10 movie it has to have more meaning to you. It has to bring positive feelings outside of what a movie critic can mention in a review.
A lot of the time, people are let down by sequels, by work from an artist (think broad with that term) who's previous work they like. That's because the standard set by the source of your admiration cannot be met. You like the work and it also means something more to you, a lot of the time. That's not the only reason that follow-ups tend to disappoint, but I think it applies often enough.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment