Tuesday, May 19, 2009

I'll try to make this quick...

Yesterday I got home around 5 or so. Just enough time to eat and hang out with Brandon shortly before I fell asleep at 6:30. Usually I'd wake up around 8:30... nope. 12:15 I wake up to banging outside my room. I get up, Brandon and Aly are playing beer pong. I hang out until 2:30 and fall asleep around 3:00. Wake up tired as hell at 6:00. Seems all of the exercise of the past week or so and the long weekend finally caught up with me during Monday.

Then today pretty much sucked too. I did go to Costco and clean my room, so that's good. But I only exercised 30 minutes before I got a headache. Might try to start it up again, but I really fucking hate these headaches that happen when I'm working out. It's some combination of the the tension in my neck muscles when I do sit ups, the intensity of doing curls and my tendency of getting exertional headaches. Fuck them. I know if I don't relent I'll be in for some misery.

I really hate how not exercising and eating like crap for a day and a half makes me feel like I've gained 10 lbs. I lost some weight over the weekend, probably due to exercising a lot and drinking alcohol. This would seem to be my body's attempt to gain that weight back and it's pretty effective. It doesn't help that it rained yesterday and today, fuck rain. In better news, it's supposed to be nice for the next week or so... every day. That probably won't pan out, but it's definitely a better outlook than all rain or anything else. And, honestly, in the past 4 days, I've done at least 4 days worth of exercise. On Sunday I got a killer workout moving boxes for 3 hours straight and then still went to Green Lake for a jog/walk (only 3 miles, but that's something). It's no wonder I was too tired to even be awake to do something on Monday. Bike, hike and run are on the agenda for the next few days. I'd probably do the 7 Hills of Kirkland bike ride on Memorial Day but that shit costs $60, fuck that. I don't know why they would charge that much, they'll get so many more people if they lowered it to $40, I'm sure. I don't know, I just feel it's too early in the season to expect a demand great enough for that cost, but I'm not the one running the event...

No comments:

Post a Comment