This weekend was pretty chill. Friday I went to Green Lake and ran. Watched the first half of Into the Wild and fell asleep. (sounds like something I did about a year ago...)
Saturday I went to Point Defiance Park and rode 5 mile drive. I was planning on riding more but ended up only going around 5 times. Only saw one raccoon (pretty sure, but I saw it a couple times). Traffic for the zoo was kind of lame because one of the funnest parts of the ride (the part where you can easily get up to 40 mph) is congested and just not safe to go fast. They now have signs posted to not feed the wildlife... sad. I worked on cleaning up my car a little bit on Saturday. Fixed the left blinker, the brake light problem (I think... for now) and painted in some of the scratches on the bumper. I think most importantly I made a list of all the things I need to fix on the car (there's about 15 things, a lot of them will be taken care of after I go to the junkyard). Then I watched the rest of Into the Wild. Talked to Amanda on Skype a little bit and went to bed.
Sunday went for a bike ride on the Burke Gilman. I'm not fitting my bike very well anymore. The position I'm in feels too upright and seems to put a lot of weight on my butt. I don't believe my bike has been adjusted at all, so it seems a bit odd to me that all of the sudden it has become uncomfortable. Ultimately it's kind of good that I'm getting used to a more aggressive fit on the bike, but that's a problem because I need to make adjustments and attempt to re-fit myself to the bike. I don't *think* I'll have a problem, I did a little tweaking to my fit last year and it helped, but there's always the possibility that I'll have to pay someone to do a fitting. So a few miles in I decided to flip the stem to try to solve my problem. I was liking it, went another few miles like that and the fork was just a tad loose so when I hit the brakes there was some forward-rocking play. So I tightened things in a more sensible order and got rid of that. Well, now all of the sudden my bike wasn't handling right. I still do not know what was going on, but the bike would sway back and forth. Pretty much with each rotation of the front wheel the bike would pull left, then pull right, left, right, back and forth. It was maddening. After 10 miles I was done with it. I have no idea what was wrong, my best guess is just that I over-tightened everything (I didn't tighten them THAT much). So I just switched the stem back and rode my discontent butt back to the car. Oh yeah, reminds me that I made adjustments to the derailleur on Saturday, that was more complicated and a bit more of a project but it worked out alright after utilizing a video tutorial online. Got home and decided to try to flip the stem again because there's no reason it shouldn't work. Did everything the same with maybe a little more precision and it seems that it worked, we'll see maybe today for sure.
Got home with just enough time to take a shower and then head to Puyallup to pick up Brandon. Encountered a car that was driving rather fast and that's how I usually end up going fast, when I have a partner in crime. So I got there a little early. We went to Sonic and it was crowded as a mo and just left (it was THAT crowded, because I really did want to eat there). So my Sonic drought continues from the end of 2005. Cool to hang out with Brandon again. Then we went bowling and I think it was the most fun we have had bowling, yet. I had the high score the night with 123, obtained in the first or second game (so it was all downhill from there... yes it is possible to go downhill from 123). I had a Jack and Coke, then a Corona, then another Corona, then a Long Island all in a pretty short period of time so by 11 I was buzzin'. Brandon had a bit to drink too, so we were just having a hoot. Then on the ride home we were singing and acting a Garth Brooks song ("and the thunder rolls" is a lyric). I didn't get to bed until 1:30 and for some reason didn't anticipate feeling like crap when I woke up at 6 (not necessarily because of alcohol but more because of the lack of sleep). So I felt like crap, took a shower, had a Red Bull and all was well.
Left for work around 6:40 am. Got home from work around 6:40 pm. Didn't do much, which is typically the case when you are essentially at work for 12 hours.
I'm guessing I didn't write a blog about Friday either, so I'll go back to that. I woke up before 5:00 am (on purpose, yes!) so Eric could give me a ride to the BMW dealership on his way to work. I got there around 5:45 and they open at 6. Got a coffee, came back around 6. They hand me the bill and it's $790 and I'm trying to figure out why it's 790 when the lady on the phone told me 550. There's a towing charge on there for about $240 and I'm like "I paid the tow company to have my car towed here" so I got that taken off and paid my $550. Got my car back and I've been fixing it up ever since.
I decided I wanted to go camping this weekend. Then last night I was very displeased when I remembered that James is coming into town this weekend so camping would have to be put on hold. I was really looking forward to going camping again.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment