Thursday, April 2, 2009

Last night I was supposed to go bowling with Brandon but he bitched out. So instead I did push ups and rode my bike. I hate when I don't eat a particularly small amount of food but still get that starving feeling in my stomach (not the hungry feeling or just an empty stomach, but the feeling like you NEED to eat something).

I started watching a movie (Ghost World) around 11:30 and took a melatonin. I fell asleep for a few minutes but couldn't stay with it, ended up being awake until 1:30. And apparently the melatonin f'd me up... once I got to sleep. I don't remember waking up at all until 6:30 when my phone alarm went off (backup alarm), meaning I turned my clock alarm off without really waking up. That's not that unusual, though. What was really weird was that I woke up to my head lying on two pillows. I haven't slept on two pillows since I moved to Seattle. So I, essentially in my sleep, added another pillow underneath my pillow (yes, slid the pillow underneath the one I was sleeping on) without any recollection at all. It's not abnormal for me to be incoherent when I wake up, but I almost never do things with absolutely no memory of it.

This is messed up. When I do push ups at home, I usually do 10 per minute for as many minutes as I can. I started with my chest completely out of shape strugging to do 100. Not long after that I did a little over 20 minutes. Then 30 minutes. All the way up to 510 push ups in 50 minutes. I didn't think I fell off the push up bus, but apparently I have. The last two times I tried I've only gotten to 200/20 minutes. I could go a little bit longer, but don't feel like pushing myself that hard just to get to 300 when I used to be able to do 500. Fair enough, that happens, but here's the weird part: I just recently got a new record for my bench press. My chest is as strong as it's ever been, I'm pretty sure, but I can't do reps of push ups like I used to. You could go with the theory that larger muscles use more fuel, have less endurance, but a lot of the time the ease created by added strength inreases endurance. Who knows, I'm sure there is a good explanation, but I'm not coming to it right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment