Monday, April 6, 2009
Sad. So I get a call today from a radiologist and he leaves a message that a patient had an MRI of his brain today and he wanted to let the doc know the preliminary diagnosis, which was multiple sclerosis. I look the patient up in the system and he came in for sudden hearing loss a few weeks ago and he's in his 40's. I remember him calling a few times to say that his medication was having no effects, it was prednisone. It's sad because he's probably not expecting it at all. It's the type of thing that could happen to me (or anyone). But it's a guy that probably doesn't go to the doctor very often because he has generally good health and then out of nowhere finds out he has MS. I mean, it's not horrible horrible, life expectancy is uneffected, but it still sucks a lot.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment