This morning's commute was nice. I had a travel buddy from the Lake Washington Bridge until I got off of 167 at 15th St in Auburn. The bridge is retarded in the morning and you have to weave (if you're lucky enough to even have the opportunity) to maintain a normal rate of speed. 520 merges with I-5 and the left lane usually opens up for better speed. I get over in front of another BMW 3 series that I had noticed was also driving the way the BMW driver should (but not quite as fast as I was). From that point we kept passing each other for the half an hour that was left of my commute. In the morning there's never really any open space for a real race, so this was as close as it was going to get, kind of like a race mixed with a chess game (that's an exaggeration). Not that I would have wanted to race because his car was a generation newer and had somewhere around a 35 hp (at least) advantage. But it was cool because one of us would make a move that would put us way ahead of the other person and eventually the other one would catch up when the opportunity came (kind of frustrating when you're in front).
I'm in Puyallup again, 3 times in the past two weeks. Kind of makes me upset that Marsha was laid off. Not that she shouldn't have been laid off, just that it has effected me negatively. I never had to cover Puyallup when she was employed. And she was usually on time. Okay, it wasn't all good, she was pretty annoying and walked kind of disjointed, but those are not the things that you think of when the person that comes in after you is ALWAYS late.
Yesterday was a regular weekday. We have been bowling each week but I guess not this week. I did 450 push ups in 45 minutes, then waited about 10 minutes and was able to do 40, waited another minute and finished out at 500. A little later did 150 curls of 25 lbs (each arm) (30 mins).
I'd really like to get my bike back. I was supposed to be able to go for a ride today, but working in Puyallup and not having my bike at home probably blows that to shit. There's the slightest chance I can pick it up on my way home and hurry out to get on the trail before 6:30, I could go for a 1.5 hr ride or so, but that's counting on my bike being ready which isn't even likely.
Hoping to go get a kayak tomorrow. The weekend will be nice so hopefully I can take it out on Saturday (hopefully I'm not too hung over). This weekend should be really good... we'll see. Aly's Bday party on Friday. Aly might be going out again on Saturday night, which I'm not too big on but it's something if there's nothing. Both days are supposed to be around 70, sweet. I'll probably try to fit in a run, maybe Sunday. Tiger Mountain is open for mountain biking, so that's another possibility.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment