Tuesday, March 31, 2009

On Sunday I was at Target, perusing the candy isle when something amazing caught my eye. It was Good 'n Fruity. Back when I had a paper route in middle school I'd go to J&S (the convenience store) and most frequently get a box of Good 'n Fruity. They've been described as mini Mike and Ike's but they're way better, in case you've never heard of or seen them. The last time I had them was probably some time around 9th grade, so it's been close to 10 years that they've probably been out of business.

So, even though I had a pretty sweet weekend, this moment made my weekend. I purchase them and can hardly wait to open them. So around the time we step outside of Target I am opening my box only to look inside and see some MOTHERFUCKING JELLY BEAN PIECES OF SHIT. Good 'n Fruity look more like Dr. Mario capsules but they're a bit more elongated. The moment I look inside the box I know they're not the same. Then I try them, hoping they just... JUST, PLEASE, changed the shape. Nope. They're not even as good as Starburst jellybeans. I'm crushed. I mean, there are things that they bring back that you miss, but this is different. This was actually my favorite candy up until the point that they stopped making it. I didn't even care about how gay the name was! Oh well. The omelet I had at Beth's was f'n good.

Went bowling last night, the 9-midnight for $9 deal at Tech City. I got the high score of 160, which, to me, made me the winner of the night. I guess I'm a pretty competitive person, but that's how I make things more fun. I've been told I'm too competitive, but the difference between me and the typical person who is accused of such is that I can deal with losing and I'm far from a sore loser. I think any person who's ever told me I'm too competitive just doesn't like losing.

No comments:

Post a Comment