Played peep-cup on Friday.
Got a laptop on Saturday. It was about $500. Other than trying to get used to Vista, it's pretty cool. I don't like Vista, but I figure it's a good idea to get used to it.
Worked out tonight. Good stuff.
Watched Free Willy last night from 2 to 4.
Was going to go for a bike ride on Friday but it was cold as shit. Then yesterday I went to Fred Meyer and the ground was wet, it was hailing. On my way back, the roads were slick and when I got into the neighborhood it was pretty horrible driving conditions only 30 minutes later. It's been really cold lately and it's been hailing and snowing and accumulating and lame.
Oh yeah, almost forgot to mention the lowlight of the weekend (though I'm not bitter about it). Daks comes downstairs yesterday around 7 to ask us to help these people move a TV and that they'd pay us. It's an older lady and two late 30-somethings and I thought that we'd be taking a TV from a car into the house. But no, this is actually a transaction and the TV is being sold and taken to Marysville. It's a rather large TV and the lady says it is 238 lbs. Me and Daks end up taking it out of the house. She hallways are narrow as shit and there are a bunch of stairs we have to take it down, definitely a job for professionals. We get to the door and I notice my hand is bleeding. The bottom of the TV, at some point, scraped a few layers of skin off of my finger. It looks pretty nasty today. Ends up they don't even have a vehicle to transport this TV to Marysville so Eric gets suckered into driving the TV up there in his truck. Daks is kind of pissed about the whole situation because it didn't end up being what it was presented to us as and we're just trying to be good neighbors. Daks sprained his finger when we were putting it in the truck. So we both left injured and bitter and broke (she ended up not paying Eric, either, but the purchasers gave him $70, which it would have been fair for him to give a little to me and Daks but $5 isn't really much of anything to either of us). So Daks and I learned a lesson about being a good neighbor (don't do it). I also mentioned to Daks that if it wasn't him and I moving the TV, there's a very good chance that the TV either would have been broken or I would have gotten injured (or both). Oh well, lesson learned.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment