Got off work a little after 3 yesterday. The weather was good so I was going to see about going to Green Lake but Aly was sick. So I decided it wasn't quite too cold to not go for a bike ride. The first half of the bike ride was pretty good. I passed this guy and he got competitive and passed me back, I followed him for about 6 miles after that. I was catching up and then I stopped catching up and it felt like I was pushing harder than I was going. So I had a little feeling that there was some inefficiency, like maybe my rear tire was a little too low. I decided to turn around after about 15 miles. With about 10 miles left I had to go to the bathroom really bad, so that slows you down a little bit. I finally went and then shortly after that I noticed I was really feeling the bumps so, sure enough, I look back and my rear tire is nearing flat. So the last 2 miles are a pain in the ass (I did refill the tire but the hand pump doesn't give much air in the first place, even if there isn't a leak).
Kind of a rough ride. I mean, it's not exactly cool that I didn't re-pass that guy, even if I do blame it on my tire (and my bottom bracket being broken probably does not help). My ass (muscle) was sore from bowling the night before. I had ridden my bike 5 of the past 6 days on my trainer (about 8.5 hours) so muscles weren't fresh. And even though it counters the last point, riding on the trainer emphasises different muscles so my ass, back, lower quads and inner thigh muscles were all out of shape for my first ride in over two months (they are all sore today). Then I had to go to the bathroom at the most inopportune time, had to hold it for a good 30 minutes (there are a few places that you can go to the bathroom along the trail via bushes or porta-potty). Then the flat tire was worst of all, because what that really means is that I need a new rear tire (and a new spare innertube).
After that I made a sweet ass omelet with sausage, mozzarella and hash brown on it. Watched a little bit of the world's fattest man ever (can' t remember the actual name of the show but it was something like that, 1250 lb guy) and I was falling asleep on the floor watching that. Went into my room and turned on Mallrats again around 9. I started where I left off the night before (10 minutes in) and got about another 5 minutes before I crashed. It's very rare for me to go to bed even before 12 so you can imagine I was extremely tired. Even this morning I was really tired after 9+ hours of sleep.
Now I'm just at work, killing the time, hopefully I get to leave at 4. I told Ashley I'd cover for her because I'm nice (and I get to leave early every day, so it's fair for me to give other people a turn). Trying to think of something notable to do this weekend. I have something in mind but I'd like it to be a little more thoughtful.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment