I finally got rid of my old transmission yesterday (after about two and a half months of it being in the garage). That was sparked by the garage being cleaned on Friday, so on Saturday it was mostly clean and then an old transmission so I called around and the only places I could take it were only open M-F. I'm just glad to have gotten rid of it for free.
Went for a ride on the BGT but I was feeling pretty worn out, about as worn out as I ever have been for a ride. And my competitive nature made things worse. Right as I got on the trail this guy passed me. Well, I'm just not okay with that. So I made sure to pass him, even though I had to exert myself a little more than usual (on a normal day it wouldn't have been an issue). Then I pass this guy and he starts riding my tail, so I go fast... quite fast. I lose him after a couple miles and then turn around at UW. Tired, I'm going pretty slow, then this guy on a commuter bike with fat tires passes me (= not okay, even though he was going fast for riding such a bike). So I have to pass him back, I lose him quick so he must have been pushing real hard when he passed me. I wouldn't mind getting passed, but when someone passes me, I feel like they revel in it. And I can't let that happen. I just have to let them know that, no, they are not faster than me.
Later went to REI for some bike stuff. I needed a water bottle and holder for my bike, got that. Also got a spoke wrench because my mountain bike rim is F'd. I found out one of two things: that truing a wheel is very difficult or that my mountain bike rim is totally f'd up beyond truing ability. The rim is a little better, I think, but still far from perfect.
Watched Basketball Diaries, really good movie.
Then started to go to bed but instead talked with Rayna on Skype for an hour or so.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment