Friday, June 5, 2009

The past two days have been the hottest of the year. In fact, I'll look it up to see the highs for the days... Okay, I guess it has been 86 for 3 days in a row, not just two.

On Wednesday I got home late, decided to go for run and didn't feel like driving to Green Lake so I just ran from my house south to Ravenna Park, then west up 55th St and then north on streets bordering 35th Ave until I got back into my neighborhood. It was about a 5 mile run and I was surprised that the average was 6 mph because I did a fair amount of walking, ran up a really steep hill, when I started it felt like I was 20 lbs heavier (probably the weather) and I don't think I was getting much of a signal in Ravenna Park (which usually just reads as moving very slowly). I thought about what I had with me while going for a run and it was a lot of technology. I had a cell phone, an MP3 player, GPS and heart rate monitor.

Thursday got home a little late as well, traffic was horrible. I was going to go for a bike ride but we were going bowling so I'd have to cut it short and that's just lame. So I convinced Brandon to go to Green Lake, but on our way he mentioned he wanted to go swimming earlier and I was like "why not go right now?" So we went to Matthews Beach and swam a little bit. Swimming is tiring as hell. And the water was cold. Then we went bowling. Did a little better than usual but still didn't even break 150.

Now I'll be at work until 5 because Julie was having a bit of a breakdown today. She did come into work, as she did yesterday, but she stayed less than an hour both days. I can't wait to get some time off. I talked to Derek about going camping and we're going to go on 4th of July weekend Friday to Monday. It's Derek, Brandon and myself for sure and we're seeing if Will can go. Might ask Justin but he's got two obstacles (girlfriend and baby) on top of the fact that he might just not want to go.

Ugh, I'm feeling the effects of needing to fix my car, now. I'm waiting on a $240 check to come from the insurance company reimbursing me for my car getting towed. That $240 would be what holds me over for the next week (I get paid a week from today) but it's not in my account yet because it needs to be sent in the mail. I've got just over $500 in my account and very shortly I'll be having to write a $500 check. Now, it's not likely that the $500 check will be cashed before I get my $240 check, but I don't want any chance of my rent check bouncing, that would just blow.

No comments:

Post a Comment