Yesterday was a kind of crappy day, but I think you need a crappy day every once in a while to appreciate your good (or even normal) ones.
I got off work at 3, but didn't feel like doing anything. I'd consider myself training in both cycling and running, so I figured it's very important to just take a break and let my foot heal fully before I try running again. I just took a nap, it was actually one of those really good naps where you're tired as hell and have no idea what time it is when you wake up.
I was planning on going bowling yesterday because Aly said she wanted to, that she'll be out of town the rest of the week so we can't go on Thursday like usual (at least not with her). So I get up around 7 and I'm waiting for Brandon and Aly to get home. 8:30 rolls around (when we usually leave) and they're still not home, still haven't contacted me. I call Brandon, no answer. Call Aly and Brandon answers to say that we're not going bowling. WTF. When you have plans with someone, and then you essentially "cancel" those plans, you are supposed to CANCEL with the people that are expecting to go so they don't sit around waiting to go. Now, fortunately I started to watch Super High Me with the intention of interrupting it to go bowling, so not bowling just meant I would watch it all the way through. Still irks me that Brandon and Aly don't have the decency to let me know that we weren't going bowling.
After Super High Me I decided to watch Jim Gaffigan: King Baby. It was hilarious. I was expecting a let down from Beyond the Pale but I was reminded that Jim Gaffigan is probably the funniest comedian around.
Watched a bit more of Donnie Darko. Had to pause it at 1:00 to go make some chocolate chip waffles (which are amazing) because I couldn't stop thinking about having some more of those. I got about 1:10 into the movie before I had to call it a night. I probably could have watched more but it was almost 2:00 so I needed to hit the hay. Woke up completely disoriented this morning, not because I was extra tired, but because it did not feel like 6am at all, it felt like 9am when I woke up without my alarm.
So now I'm waiting for 3:00 to roll around. I need to get some gas, wash my car, go for a bike ride. Might be doing something cool with Brandon tonight but it's kind of tentative so I'm not counting on it. Either way it'll be a good day, I think.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment