Monday, June 15, 2009

What did I do this weekend....
Friday I went to REI, got a thing to carry my stuff in while I run that clips to my waistband, a frame pump for my bike and a bag that goes beneath the saddle to carry stuff. I don't think I did any exercise on Friday, oh well. Some people came over, played beer pong. David broke a Corona bottle over his head, that was the highlight of the night. We played Kings, which was funny ("on my dick"/"on my tits"). After that I was just dead tired, went to bed.

Saturday, Brandon and I went mountain biking at Beaver Lake. It's the first time going mountain biking in about a year, so we took it pretty easy, only rode maybe 4 miles. After that I went for a run at Green Lake. Went around 3 times, didn't run the whole time though. Afterward it was apparent that I had hurt a joint on the top of my foot, not sure if it was from running, mountain biking or both because I don't remember it happening. So I'm having to let that heal a little, being careful with it. Was going to go out with Brandon but by the time he left at 11:30 I was dead tired and changed my mind. Tried watching Donnie Darko, of course I fell asleep not 15 minutes in.

http://maps.google.com/maps?q=http://trail.motionbased.com/trail/kml/episode.kml?episodePkValues=8442909

Sunday was pretty chill. I intended on going for a bike ride but my sore foot made me reconsider and the entire day was spent trying to decide whether I could go for a bike ride or if I should go swimming or if I should just work out in my room. Got some DVD-Rs at Walmart to empty out my movie collection on the computer. Watched some UFC and that got me amped enough to do some push ups, which I haven't done for a few months. That gave me enough energy to go for a bike ride, which was really enjoyable. I just left from the house on my bike, headed towards the University. Went through campus, then over the University Bridge and headed east after that. I was just going around randomly, I had never been to most of the places that I went by. Oddly enough, I found myself (as I found out later) in the vicinity of the steepest street in Seattle. Had I known, I would have gone up it, instead I was two blocks over and went up a nearly as steep grade. Big difference was that the steepest street is only one block long and has a break, mine was two blocks long, no break. It was so incredibly tiring. As best I can find out, the grade was about 17.7%, went up over 100 ft in 2 blocks. I don't think there was any way to get up that hill in the saddle. A few minutes later I got to reap the rewards as I went down the 24th Ave hill that goes to Montlake Blvd. I got up to around 41.7 mph. It seemed like I was going faster and the GPS lags to get up to speed, but I'll have to take that. As I was going up the hill from Matthews Beach my left tricep started to cramp, something I've never had happen before. Got home, pretty slow trip, 18 miles in an hour and a half, but that's how riding leisurely around the city goes, I suppose.

http://maps.google.com/maps?q=http://trail.motionbased.com/trail/kml/episode.kml?episodePkValues=8451700

Made a waffle with Batter Blaster in the waffle iron with chocolate chips, it was freaking delicious. Then watched "The Complete History of my Sexual Failures" which was rather funny. I was particularly amused when the guy went to a dominatrix to try to get turned on and basically what you saw was what happens if the guy truly doesn't want to be involved in dominatrix but is anyways. Then he took a bunch of viagra and was drunk and asked many, many women on the street to have sex with him.

No comments:

Post a Comment