Monday, June 22, 2009

Weekend was pretty low key. Or in other words it was lame.

Since my run on Wednesday I have not exercised. This is probably the least active weekend I have had.. shit... since some time that I was going out with Rayna. I kind of accepted it though (as much as I can) because my foot needs to heal. When I flex my foot it would feel like it's making the sound an old mattress makes when you sit on it. It's subsided a little bit, but not completely. I figure I'll try to motivate myself to either go for a bike ride, go to the gym or work out at home until Wednesday. That's a week of recovery, reassess at that point and might have to wait until Saturday. It is very important that I don't reinjure it.

Friday didn't do a whole lot. Talked to Amanda on Skype for a little while. OC feels like being drunk, for the most part, a tad different.

Saturday was SO lazy. I felt like I had become a junkie. I didn't get out of bed until 1:00. Didn't have lunch until 3:00 which is extremely odd for me. Went to Fremont Fair. It was okay as a notable waste of time, not much more. For all the booths that were there, not many were very interesting. There was a Seattle Atheists booth. A booth against Washington's three strikes policy (which I guess does not leave any discretion to judges). Annnnd that was about it, didn't even find the piroshky stand. I had the misfortune of seeing an old guy's weiner and then some fat lady's nasty boobs. Lots of hippies. A lot of people I saw seemed to be dressed up like bums, but not like they were bums, just that they were going for the bum look as if it is the style. I know it's not a representation of all Seattle, but the indie/hippie scene is odd to me. Oh yeah, we stopped by the store before Fremont Fair and I got a 24 oz of Coors Light, finished it before we got there. Then when we left the fair, I went home and took a nap. So come 8:00 and I had been awake all of about 5 hours during the day. Decided to go to a movie, Year One. Had heard it's not that good, but decided to see it anyway. The 520 bridge was closed so the normal Kirkland or Bellevue theaters were a no-go and we went to Woodinville. Had some time to kill so we went to Starbucks then to Top Foods.

The movie was aiight. Certainly nothing special and I'll admit there were times during the movie that I just wanted it to be over because my foot was bothering me and I wanted to go get a wrap for it. During the previews they did a thing for 'HawthoRNe" which is a hospital drama with Jada Pinkett as a nurse. I find it annoying because she's an RN and medical dramas live off of egos and shit like that. Well, of course she's this unconventional nurse that's supposedly smarter than the doctors and the show is trying to make doctors look bad, whatever. And I won't deny that nurses do a ton of the work and doctors only do a little bit in many situations, but when it comes to the stuff that really, really matters, it's the doctors that know how to do it and can do it and that's why they can get away with being lazy or being bitches. What's more annoying than that is that she's an RN. Not a BSN, an RN, so she wouldn't even be the top nurse. It's just another stupid show that people will enjoy and people enjoying it will annoy me because it's so stupid. I can't blame them for appealing to their audience, though, it's not like I'd watch the show regardless.

Got home around 1 on Saturday night, watched some South Park and went to bed shortly after.

Had to get up at 10 on Sunday to go see the parents for Father's Day. That was alright, I'd say the highlight was seeing the scrapbooks that my mom was working on of my Dad and then of her. I hadn't seen my parents pictures from when they were young before, so that was interesting. Rode around in my Dad's Nova a little bit, that was alright. The drive home was shit. Finally finished Donnie Darko. The ending was a bit mind-boggling. I get the meaning of the story and the endpoint, but I don't really understand how Donnie went back in time nor how the phrase "end of the world" fits into that movie at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment