Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Well, not too much going on lately. Just kind of keeping it low key getting ready for my vacation. Been watching movies a bit. Saturday I woke up and wanted to go to Krispy Kreme, so I justified that by deciding to go to ACME later in the day. Invited Amber and she happily agreed to going. Got my Krispy Kreme donuts for the first time in at least a year, maybe two. The regular donuts are really good but the other ones weren't particularly better than store bakery donuts.

Played some DDR which was rather enjoyable. I still try to get good scores but obviously there's not a whole lot of passion there since my best score on at least 90 percent of songs is 2 greats. So I realized I get a fair amount of pleasure out of playing more noob-ish songs, not all of the pleasure is derived from good scores like before. I was able to FC Max 300, which I really don't even know if I've ever done, 20-some greats, that's okay, good for playing as little as I have the past 4 years. On the way to Amber's house (before ACME) I got a text from Amanda that made my day a little better. It was just a friendly message like "hey dilly hope you're having a good weekend something something something".

New people were moving in on Saturday. That's kind of lame but that's life. Was going to go get luggage at Target, then saw that it's expensive and decided I'll just use my duffel bag. So instead I spent money on DVD-Rs. Speaking of, my movie collection stands at about 700 movies. I'm guessing I've seen maybe 200 of them (if you include movies you've "seen" but don't really remember much of).

Friday night I watched "Let the right one in" which was a pretty interesting movie, French with English subtitles. It's more like one of those movies that gets better after you're done watching it, as opposed to a movie when you get done watching it you say "that was a really good movie". Just like, the story is interesting, the characters and imagery are interesting. They kind of put an original spin on some situations that have been used a lot (but are generally well liked). Like the main character is a weird kid that gets picked on. The finally he stands up to the one kid that picks on him a lot (which makes the viewer very happy) and of course that kid stops picking on him but now his older brother wants to come in and get revenge.

Saturday night I watched The United States of Leland. Really good movie, don't know why I've never heard of it. It has a 2003 Ryan Gosling, Don Cheadle, Kevin Spacey and Jena Malone. There's never been a movie better at showing you who its characters are. In fact, the movie almost suffers from this, like it's too scientific to be a great movie... it's like I made the movie. Good movie though.

Sunday I worked out. I tried to fix my brakes and kind of gave up because I don't have jackstands. That's about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment