Friday, September 11, 2009

Oh yeah, the daily update.

Yesterday started out as me going with Rayna to her 2nd interview at this cafe. I hung around the area by getting a newspaper and going to McDonalds. I got the Brekkie Roll, which was wholly unsatisfying, moreso than you could even expect.

Then we headed to the Chadstone Mall. Got Bubble Tea. Had a tough time finding a shirt that I liked for a reasonable price so I just said I needed to get an FCUK shirt whether it's $50 or not. Went to David Jones (the Australian version of Nordstrom, basically) and they ended up having a shirt that was less than 30 dollars (which is cheaper than most all of the shirts in the entire mall) and I got that. I was tempted to get another one for 50 and other brands of shirts but I just settled for this one and I'll have to try to find some other ones. Ate at a sushi train.

Came home and Jono got back from work shortly after. We went to the Botanical Gardens. At one point Jono and I split off while Rayna waited for a phone call and I feel like we had a pretty interesting conversation about people and decision making (the topic isn't very easy to describe). It's the type of conversation I can't have with a whole lot of people. Saw two black swans up close.

Then we got challah and eclairs, went home and hung out for a while. I got to play some Guitar Hero, which I haven't done forever (I don't think I've played this entire year). Then we headed to the mall again to watch a movie: Balibo. The movie was definitely interesting, even if it was extremely uncomfortable at one point and just overall a sad movie. It was about the nation of East Timor. It was released from rule by Portugal in 1975 and immediately Indonesia was going to invade. Reporters from Australia went to check it out. It did get invaded and the invasion, as it was presented, was quite merciless and the five reporters from Australia were executed. Then there was another reporter that went in search for those 5 and he ended up dying but a man, sort of an ambassador for East Timor, ended up fighting for action againsted the invading Indonesians and finally got action after 20 years. He got the nobel peace prize in 1996. In 1999 East Timor was relinquished from Indonesian control and is now free.

After the movie, that was pretty much it for the night.

No comments:

Post a Comment