Thursday, September 10, 2009

Uhhhh looking for another update. Yesterday was busy and fun but not so much notable, I suppose. I took the tram with Rayna to her work. Went to the store near there and then up to the train station. I got on the train, accidentally heading away from downtown, oh well, just got off and then got on the right one. Got downtown and walked around quite a bit. I didn't care to take note of the Haigh's store because I thought the address was 248 Collins... hmm I guess it was 26 Collins, good thing I gave up in a place that had wifi to find that out. So I went to the Haigh's store to pick up pastilles for Linda and also got myself some Spearmint Chocs, which I just finished consuming. After that I headed out to Batman, which was actually Coburg but there was one legitimate (non-train) sign that said Batman Newsagency. I was by myself, which I guess makes it very difficult to make conviction on food and I just end up not eating a meal until I'm starving, basically. So for no reason in particular I headed out toward Bell/Epping and got off at Bell. I had noticed the train was travelling along the grid so when I got off I just started walking on a main street in the direction that the train was travelling before it dropped me off, assuming if I walked far enough I'd get to the previous station. I did, but on the way I stopped in at a bakery and got a "spinach and cheese triangle" which I would say is similar to a Greek piece of pizza or something. I found out that the 2 dollar coins are the smallest ones, which is particularly weird when the 20 and 50 cent coins are HUGE. So by the time I got back on the train, my knees were dead. I have been walking a lot these past few days and it has finally taken its toll on my body.

Gave Rayna a call when I was at Melbourne Central to meet me at Kooyong (had to leave a message) so I got back to Kooyong and assumed she hadn't gotten home yet, waited for her and she showed up about 10 minutes later. I didn't realize that Jono was already home, I thought the house would be locked and we'd be the first ones home. I don't think we left after that. We watched Surf's Up, which I found enjoyable. Then we had dinner (roast lamb, which is supposedly very Australian). And then we watched Dexter and hung out and talked and I fell asleep.

I traveled over 50 miles today just around Melbourne on the train and on foot.

No comments:

Post a Comment