Yesterday I was at work until 5:50 which means it was another 10 hour+ day this week. Today I'll be here until 5:00 again, probably, so I'll have almost 40 hours before Friday. Even when I was working "four 10's" I never had this many hours in 4 days (because I haven't taken a lunch the first 3 days of the week). I actually only averaged 35 hours a week last year, I think I'm averaging a bit closer to 40 so far this year.
When I got home, I was starting to feel a cold coming on so I decided to go to the store and get my usual "I'm getting sick" products. I got some Nyquil and cough drops. Also got some sushi (4x4 variety pack with... tuna, smoked salmon, eel and maybe lobster? I'm not sure what all they were, but they're good and no avocado or other crap I don't like). Then some acai juice. And cheese sticks. Came home ate all that stuff. Around 8 I went to my room, took some Nyquil and I was out by 8:30. Woke up around 4 and still felt sick but only in my throat (which means I'm not very sick). Looked outside because I knew it was going to snow and it didn't look too bad. Went back to sleep and woke up about 8 times before I finally got up for my shower at 6:20. Got upstairs and it had snowed quite a bit since 4. Unfortunately, two half excuses (snow + sick) to miss work do not amount to a good excuse to call out. Mainly because we are short staffed and if I didn't come in, it'd probably be a bit rough.
So I feel okay. I can definitely tell that my body is fighting a bug, but my throat is not sore, just has a 'sick' feeling to it.
Today I said "I finally got it up" referring to the schedule, but I felt like a doof saying that. Fortunately no one caught it and the person on the phone was an old lady.
I ate lunch at the hospital today. It was chicken enchiladas. Since when do chicken enchiladas have sour cream in them? Sour cream sucks, I don't know why anyone likes it. I hate how cheap places like to just add condiments into their dishes to hide how mediocre their preparation of the dish was. Sour cream, cream cheese and mayo are all things I hate and they are all things that cheap places put on their food to hide the lack of flavor.
I haven't exercised in two days. Tuesday I didn't because I was still a little sore from Monday and it was Mardi Gras so that's just an excuse (albeit lame) to be lazy. Then yesterday I was sick. Today I probably won't exercise because I'm still sick and working out when sick can prolong recovery. I feel fat if I go 2 days without exercising.
I need a day off. I need a vacation. I haven't gone camping since 2006, that's horrible.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment